home

Saturday 18 July 2015

Henry: Arsenal Need Four More Players To Challenge Chelsea


henry
Arsenal legend Thierry Henry feels Arsenal are not at that stage where they can challenge Chelsea for the EPL title.
Despite a strong finish to the season, Arsenal finished at third and twelve points behind title holders, Chelsea.
Even though Wenger completed the signing of Cech from the Blues, Henry believes four more players are needed.
“That team, I think, has great mentality, top-quality players and match-winners. I still think they need four players to get closer to Chelsea,” he told Sky Sports.
“I compare it to my generation. I knew, for example, when I first arrived at Arsenal that if I was not performing after an hour, Dennis Bergkamp was on the bench sometimes or Kanu or Sylvain Wiltord or Davor Suker. Whoever it was, I knew I had an hour to perform.”
Rumour has it that the Gunners are prepared to be patient in their pursuit of Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema with Wenger refusing to rule out a move, and Henry feels another forward is important.
“Olivier Giroud alone there as a natural-born striker, it is difficult, because they say when he does not score, it is very difficult,” he added.
“Hopefully Theo Walcott could be the answer. You have a guy who you did not think was going to play as a striker, although he has been the talk of the town for a little while, him playing as a striker.
“You know some people still question Arsene Wenger, but I still think that Arsene has the right attitude and fire; the fire in his belly to try to make sure that team can win another title.”

No comments: