home

Saturday 18 July 2015

Very Sad! Mom Stabs Son Several Times

Promise Eboye a Six-old boy  could be liken a cat with nine life after he survived four gory looking stab injuries on his back that was allegedly finflicted by his biological mother on Monday July 13.
The boy who lived with his mother who is simply identified as Comfort and step-father  in Kollington area of Ijaiye, Lagos, while his biological father resides in Benin, Edo State narrated how he was stabbed his mother.
The Punch reports that at about 8am on Monday, Promise’s mother, stabbed her son four times, inflicting life-threatening injuries on the boy’s body.
It was learnt that the broken bottle Comfort used pierced the boy flesh inflicting one three-inch injury and another two-inch injury on the boy’s back.

Residents said that Promise’ mother held tight his wrist and stabbed him several times at his back while the young boy screamed for help. They wondered what kind of offend did the boy committed to have warranted this kind of cruelty.
The boy  while narrating his ordeal said that his mother normally beat him with cane at the slightest provocation and does not understand why she does that. He added that she sometimes will beat him still he could not walk. He described in this way,“my mother is wicked.”
The stabbed explained that he was staying with father since when he was one year old. But his mother came to pick when he turned 5 years from his father’s house.
Promise said: “I was sweeping the day she came. I did not know her as my mother. My father then told me that she was my mother and she had come to take me to Lagos.
“When we came to Lagos, I started to live with her and my step-father. But she beat me all the time.”
When asked what happened that led to his mother to stab, he said he tripped and fell.
He said: “When I fell, my mother asked me what pushed me and why I fell. She was angry and went to take her N30 cane. When she was beating me too much and I was screaming, one of our neighbours came to hold her hand to take the cane away from her. The woman said I should run away because my mother would kill me the way she was beating me.
“My mother said ‘I will kill you, I will kill you’. When she could not find anything else to beat me with, she took a broken bottle on the ground and started to stab me on the back.”
Promise revealed that he was rescued by  residents, who took him to a private hospital nearby.
But before the boy was taken to the hospital, it was gathered that his mother had planted another story in the boy’s head.

The founded of the hospital where the boy was receiving treatment,Pastor Charles Agboola, a pharmacist , explained that the two people who brought Promise in said the boy fell down and landed on a broken bottle.
However, it was a different story the boy narrated to Agboola’s wife, a nurse. He told her that he was watching two people fight when he sustained the injury.
She said: , “He told me that they pushed him and he landed on the broken bottles but when I informed my husband, he said immediately that the story could not be true. I also noticed that the wounds were not consistent with that story.
“It was shocking that the boy’s mother was not remorseful in any way. It was when she dashed out of the door under the pretence that she was going to look for money for the boy’s treatment, that a crowd from their street, who were coming to the hospital ,grabbed her and told the true story of what happened.
“When we asked Promise why he lied, he said his mother had told him what to say when asked how he sustained the injury.”
Agboola stressed further that by the time the boy was about to leave the clinic, he was crying.
He said he did not want to go back home. We fed him, gave him any kind of food he wanted because I could not leave the boy to suffer even though nobody paid us any money for his treatment. We even prayed for him. Anytime we brought up the issue of who would take over his care when he was released from our hospital, he became very sad,” he said.
Neighbours  said Comfort sometimes punished the boy by smashing his head against a wall whenever he did something wrong.
She was later handed over to the police at Ijaiye-Ojokoro Division. Comfort, who is nursing a toddler, told the police that  Promise stepped on her baby, which was why she became angry.
When Promise’s biological father was later contacted, he initially said he wanted nothing to do with the issue.
I have other children – I have produced boys and girls. Whatever she likes, she should do with her son. When she likes, she would take the boy to a motor park and send him to me through a driver,” the man said.
Confirming the incident, the police spokesman, Kenneth Nwosu, said Comfort would be arraigned as soon as possible.

No comments: