home

Thursday 3 September 2015

Enyeama Reveals Why He Opted Out OF Nigeria’s Squad, Oliseh Names His Replacement

posted by Som Offor.



It has been revealed that Vincent Enyeama will be missing the AFCON 2017 qualifier against Tanzania because his mother has passed away.
According to Goal.com, the news circulated hours after Super Eagles boss Sunday Oliseh revealed the goalkeeper had opted out of Nigeria’s squad to face Tanzania and Niger in a friendly without giving an excuse.

The Super Eagles  101-capped skipper took to Instagram on Wednesday afternoon to reveal his grief while apologizing for disappointing Nigeria’s for a no-show.
According to Goal.com Nigeria, the skipper’s mother passing on is the reason for his grief.

He posted on Instagram: “So sorry I won’t make it out there to wear this shirt,” Enyeama wrote alongside an artist’s impression of him in a Nigeria jersey.
“So sorry that I won’t be standing there singing the anthem of my sweet NIGERIA. #WEARENIGERIA.
“I wish that this darkness didn’t come in daylight. I wish that I could turn back the hand of time. I wish,I just wish that I could take away this pain. Let the rain wash away this pain.”
Meanwhile, Oliseh has named Femi Thomas of Enyimba International in the Nigeriaan Professional Football League to replace Enyeama for thee games against Tanzania and Niger.

Wolverhampton Wanderers goalkeeper Carl Ikeme and Sunshine Stars of Akure’s Ikechukwu Ezenwa are the two other goalkeepers in the Abuja camp.
Enyeama is not the only selected Eagle ruled out of the upcoming games. due to a stubborn hamstring injury which has affected his career.

No comments: