home

Sunday 31 August 2014

Chelsea sign Loic Remy on a four year contract

The striker, who was on the verge of joining
Liverpool until he failed a medical, has moved to
Stamford Bridge in an £8.5m deal that sees him
replace Milan-bound Fernando Torres
QPR striker Loic Remy has signed a four-year deal
with Chelsea after the west Londoners met his £8.5
million buyout clause.
As revealed by Goal on Friday, the Blues reignited
their interest in the France international after
reaching a deal to loan Fernando Torres to AC
Milan.
Arsenal made a late move to hijack Remy's move to
Chelsea, but soon dropped their interest to pave the
way for the striker to move to Stamford Bridge.
"I feel very happy and very proud," he told Chelsea's
official website. "When I heard Chelsea wanted to
sign me I said 'let's go' straight away because they
are one of the best clubs in the world.
"I remember the amazing atmosphere at Stamford
Bridge when I played there for Marseille and I can't
wait to play for the first time in front of my new fans."
Remy came close to joining Liverpool earlier in the
summer only for concerns during his medical to
prompt the Anfield outfit to back out of the deal, and
instead he becomes Chelsea's sixth signing of a busy.
The 27-year-old, who scored 14 Premier League
goals while on loan at Newcastle last season, will
compete for a place in the starting XI against in-form
Diego Costa and Didier Drogba.
Source: Goal.com

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are
those of the comment writers alone and does not
reflect or represent the views of Somayina.

No comments: