home

Thursday 21 August 2014

Poverty, Satan Made Me Rape Pastor’s Daughter – Robber-rapist, 55

Two weeks ago, the men of the Oyo State Police
Command arrested a 55-year-old man who was
part of an armed robbery gang who attacked a
pastor's residence, robbed and raped his
daughter.Luck did run out on the gang,
though, when they were rounded up by the
police.
Speaking with LEADERSHIP FRIDAY at the
police headquarters in Eleyele, Ibadan, the 55-
year- old man, identified as Ayodele Ademola,
blamed Satan and poverty for both the robbery
and the rape.
Ademola, a father of three children – a boy and
two girls – revealed that the botched operation
was the second in which he and his gang had
participated in.
"It was the death of my wife that plunged me
into serious poverty. I've been struggled to take
care of the three children she left behind, but, I
must confess to you, it has not been easy. I look
around to find what I could do to get over this
problem but to no avail.
"It was in the process that I met members of
this robbery gang at a bus-stop. We talked and
they introduced me to the business. I mean,
armed robbery business. In short, it was
poverty in my family that gave the devil
opportunity to push me to armed robbery and
raping.
"My appeal to the state and the federal
governments, the Nigeria Police Force and
Nigerians is that they should forgive me. I will
never involve myself in all this rubbish again. I
want all Nigerians to believe that it was poverty
and [the] devil that pushed me to armed
robbery and made me to rape the daughter of
the pastor, my victim.
"The man of God, too, should, please, forgive
me," he pleaded.
The command's deputy commissioner of police,
administration, Sam Okalua, told
LEADERSHIP FRIDAY that the items
recovered from the gang included a Sony
laptop, Samsung iPad, Apple iPad, three
assorted cell phones, a Toyota Corolla with
registration with number MK 382 AAA, a
Mercedes Benz with registration number GGE
278 CK, six assorted wrist watches, N200,000
and other valuables.
The other defendants are suspects as Afolabi
Oluwatobi (24), Morakinyo Olufemi (43),
Ayodele Ademola (55) and Azeez Rafiu (27).

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are
those of the comment writers alone and does not
reflect or represent the views of Somayina.

No comments: